Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Summer Travels -- Ironwood Pt 2

**Check out the first part here!!**

As most of you know, I was not at all enthusiastic about this trip. As we left to go for the trail, I was excited at the possibility of walking and gaining points on my new Fit Bit (which is great by the way). Gym shoes  soaked up the mud as we walked down to the trail. The sound of roaring water was enough to keep us moving. We took plenty of pictures on the way there. The stairs were made out of wood and swayed a bit as we went down. However, the descent wasn't that bad and it was actually a bit fun. When we reached the falls, my heart stopped. My God, it was amazing to see. White river rapids and such swirls rushing downwards. I just stood there awestruck at the majesty and beauty that water could show us.

Well, I was awestruck the first time. A little bit more the second time (the rapids were louder). By the 5th time, however, I was done. How much nature can a girl take?! I wanted to see something cool, like a bear, or a wolf or somethinggggg other than water.

We soon realized that the only cool place to visit after we hit ALL the trails, was a tiny family owned Chinese place. Ever heard of the term, don't judge a book by its cover? Well, don't judge a restaurant by its decor. They place was hideously decorated but oh my GOD the food. THE FOOD WAS SOOO GOOOOOD!! Probably the best Chinese/Thai food joint I have ever been to.

From there, we went back to the hotel and just chilled. Gossip, UNO, politics, music and everything else you can imagine when 10 very loud and fun loving people get together, accompanied our night. After another wonderful rest on the very soft bed in Comfort Inn (I should get discounts from them now for all the marketing that I'm doing for them, here), we headed home.

Honestly, although, I never was enthusiastic about this trip, I look back on the pictures and I can't help but marvel at the natural beauty of Ironwood. Its been over two years now since we went, and to this day, some of the best photos I have are from that place. The memories might be a bit fuzzy but I can still hear the white rapids, smell the musty earth, and feel the cool breeze..

So, is there magic in Nature? Visit Ironwood and let me know... :) Oh, and don't forget the Comfort Inn :P #marketingpoints

No comments: